Contract Services is a unit under Major Projects, Public Works.
We advise on contractual (technical and quasi-legal) issues mainly arising out of government building projects (under the Capital Works Management Framework).
Our role includes:
- developing and implementing best-practice tendering and contract formulation, including drafting and maintaining building construction and consultancy contracts for use on government building projects and seeking innovative and cost-effective approaches to project delivery in consultation with industry
- providing expert advice on building procurement and contract-related matters to ensure that decisions on building assets are informed, cost effective and in the Queensland Government’s long-term interests
- managing major disputation, litigation, defaults and insolvencies arising out of building construction contracts, including:
- major disputation – where a Principal’s decision is required under the contract and the Principal is not in a position to adequately resolve the dispute
- litigation – where an action is brought by or against the Principal during or after completion of the contract, including for instance a subcontractors’ charges
- defaults – where a Contractor has defaulted under a contract and the Principal is required to take action under the contract
- insolvency – all instances of contractor insolvency, including contract termination and takeover, and communication with administrators and liquidators
See our range of building construction and maintenance contract templates for use on government building projects.
- Last updated:
- 28 April 2022