Working for QBuild
QBuild staff play a vital role in building and maintaining government-owned facilities such as schools, hospitals, social housing and police stations. In 2021, we delivered work valued at more than $1.6 billion for customers from Thursday Island to Tallebudgera.
In a disaster event, QBuild staff are among the first on the ground, completing repairs and building works to help communities get back on their feet.
Whether it’s servicing Parliament House in Brisbane, helping residents clean up after a flood, constructing new housing for people in need or putting a fresh coat of paint on a classroom, you’ll make a real difference when you work with QBuild.
We're always looking for motivated and innovative people to join our team.
Why work with us
When you work for QBuild, you make a difference to people’s lives and the communities in which they live.
- Flexibility – You'll have access to generous leave entitlements and flexible work options.
- A safe, inclusive and diverse workplace – Our approach to safety is reflected in our commitment to Think safe. Work safe. Home safe. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture that promotes the skills and insights of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, age, sexuality or disability.
- Security – You’ll enjoy, great superannuation and salary sacrificing options, and provision of uniforms, tools and allowances in some roles.
- The people – We care not only about our clients and the community, but about ourselves and each other. And we work together to get the job done. We put customers first, transforming ideas into action, unleashing potential, being courageous, empowering people and ensuring a safe work environment.
Employee conditions and benefits
When you join QBuild, your pay and employment conditions will be determined by the:
- QBuild Field Staff Certified Agreement 2019
- QBuild Office Staff Certified Agreement 2019
- Building, Engineering and Maintenance Services Employees (Queensland Government) Award-State 2016 (BEMS Award)
- Queensland Public Service Officers and Other Employees Award – State 2015 Award
- Apprentice and Trainees wages and conditions.
QBuild has over 1500 staff and a network that includes 20 offices and 32 depots across the state. QBuild is well positioned to deliver construction and maintenance services to communities, including those in regional and remote areas.
Positions advertised at QBuild will be either:
- a specific location only
- multiple locations where you can select your preference
- job flexibility – the position does not have a specified location.
Types of roles
QBuild advertises roles in the following areas:
- Service delivery – Service delivery positions provide coordinated and structured advice, support and services Queenslanders
- Trades and labour – Trades and labour roles perform a variety of manual tasks that may involve the use of hand tools, power tools, air tools, and small heavy equipment.
- Apprenticeships – Learn while you earn
- Accounting and finance – Accounting and finance positions plan and provide systems and services relating to the financial, accounting and procurement activities within QBuild.
- Compliance and regulation – Compliance and regulation roles examine, assess, inspect and investigate compliance with applicable legislation and QBuild frameworks.
- Engineering and technical – Engineering and technical roles plan, organise, direct, control, coordinate or provide advice on the engineering and technical operations and tasks within QBuild.
- Projects and Programs – Project and program roles coordinate, direct and oversee the development of projects or a set of related projects and activities in order to deliver outcomes and benefits related to the QBuild’s strategic objectives.
- Leadership – Leadership roles plan, direct, control, coordinate and have a significant leadership role within QBuild.
- Administration – Administration roles perform a range of administrative tasks in support of QBuild.
Find a role
Current vacancies are listed on Smartjobs, the Queensland Government job vacancy website. Search ‘QBuild’ and submit your application online.
You can register for a Job Alert on Smartjobs and be notified when a role that interests you is advertised.
To keep updated about future recruitment and vacancies:
Application and selection process
We use a competitive selection process to assess an applicant's suitability. As part of this process, you may be required to:
- submit a written application
- attend a face-to-face or video interview
- provide 2 referees.
For certain positions, we also ask applicants to do tests such as work simulations.
To be eligible for employment with us, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or hold a subclass 866 or 200 visa at the time you apply
- have relevant qualification
- satisfy our integrity checks.
- Last updated:
- 6 October 2022