QFleet is the fleet manager for the Queensland Government. We provide vehicle leasing and strategic fleet management services for approximately 10,000 vehicles across Queensland.
The QFleet Customer Service Charter (PDF, 284.91 KB) charter outlines our commitment to customers.
On this page:
Who we service
QFleet vehicles and fleet services are available to:
- all Queensland Government departments and agencies
- government-funded organisations including:
- Government Owned Corporations
- statutory authorities
- local authorities
- not-for-profit organisations.
What we do
QFleet's experienced fleet consultants provide ongoing service, support and value-for-money fleet solutions to our clients.
Our specialised staff help manage our clients’ fleets by providing strategic and operational advice to improve vehicle utilisation and reduce fleet operating costs, and vehicle emissions.
Our key services cover:
- vehicle procurement
- fleet leasing, management and advisory services
- vehicle servicing and repairs
- used vehicle sales, facilitated by Manheim auctions
- operational advisory support and whole-of-government fleet reporting
- strategic advice including policy implementation, development and monitoring.
Our value-added client support includes:
- developing the optimum fleet mix
- selecting the right, fit-for-purpose vehicles
- providing customised vehicle and fleet reporting
- improving road and driver safety
- managing fleet insurance.
Fleet management services cover:
- vehicle procurement including minimum safety standards and whole of life cost
- vehicle leasing
- vehicle in-service management (including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and warranty services)
- end of lease repairs
- vehicle sales
- ongoing advisory support
- policy implementation.
We lease a wide range of passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles and light and medium trucks to core departments and other eligible, government-funded entities.
We offer our clients:
- fully maintained operating leases with access to a wide range of fit-for-purpose vehicles
- lease packages to suit business needs
- specialist vehicle modification and approved accessory fitting
- fleet consultancy services and advice
- fleet management reports, information and assistance
- online ordering and reporting systems (available to government departments and agencies only)
- statewide repairer network
- comprehensive insurance on a standard lease package
- insurance claims assistance
- fixed lease rates for the duration of the lease.
All of our leased vehicle packages are fully maintained with:
- third party insurance
- comprehensive insurance
- RACQ or manufacturer's roadside assist
- additional tyres (optional)
- scheduled maintenance servicing.
Manufacturers on contract with QFleet:
We provide advice and support to assist our clients to achieve and maintain high standards in fleet management and road safety practices.
- new passenger and light commercial vehicles that comply with stringent mandatory minimum safety specifications, ensuring safer vehicles in the government fleet and for the community after resale
- client-specific insurance claim and crash data analysis, reports, profiling and advice
- advice and help to ensure our clients comply with safety audits and workplace health and safety legislation
- road safety resources and information for Queensland Government agencies via the QFleet Driver Safety in the Workplace Framework.
Workplace health and safety policies apply when driving a QFleet vehicle, under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Become a supplier
Are you a supplier of vehicles, parts, maintenance service, special fit-outs or returned vehicle services?
Buy an ex-QFleet vehicle
If you want to buy an ex-QFleet vehicle, these are available through public auction at Manheim Auctions.
Find out your rights when you buy a used car.
Policies and strategies
In March 2022, the Queensland Government’s Zero Emission Vehicle Strategy 2022-2032 (ZEV Strategy) and Action Plan 2022-2024 (Action Plan) was released. The ZEV Strategy sets out our strategic direction, key initiatives and actions that will shift Queensland to Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEVs).
QFleet is supporting this approach by accelerating its fleet transition to ZEVs. The QFleet environmental and electric vehicle strategies outline how QFleet will transition to a more environmentally friendly Queensland Government motor vehicle fleet:
- The Electric Vehicle Transition Strategy 2018-2022 (PDF, 335.48 KB) outlines our plan to increase the number of electric vehicles in the fleet and expires at the end of 2022. The Electric Vehicle Transition Strategy 2023-2026 (PDF, 1421.58 KB) builds on the previous strategy to transition all eligible passenger vehicles to zero emission vehicles by 2026.
- Environmental Strategy (PDF, 384.68 KB) outlines our approach to proactively reduce the fleet emissions.
- The QFleet Emissions Reduction Guide (PDF, 2230.69 KB) is a companion to the environmental and electric vehicle strategies that details practical actions that drivers and fleet managers can take to lower fleet emissions.
- The QFleet Utilisation Standard (PDF, 1453.03 KB) is a practical tool to assist agencies in the management of their fleet resources. It aims to avoid unnecessary costs to government and to demonstrate value for money in the use and management of the fleet asset.
- The Use of Government Owned Motor Vehicles and Parking of Private Vehicles on Official Premises policy prescribes the use of Queensland Government-owned motor vehicles by employees of Queensland Government departments, public service offices and public sector units.
- Last updated:
- 5 August 2022