Strategy, Policy and Engagement
We support and strengthen the department’s capacity to respond to government priorities and delivery of critical services for Queenslanders.
We shape future policy and strategy responsive to the needs of Queenslanders by partnering with our business areas to solve complex issues and accelerate initiatives. We use strategic development to address issues and initiatives, with a strong network across government, communication and engagement and outcome focused policy and strategy.
Ministerial, Executive and Cabinet services, coupled with risk management expertise, ensures solutions are executed in a timely manner with risks taken into consideration and through the right process.
Our key priorities are:
- Prioritising Savings: As part of the State’s ongoing response to the pandemic, Strategy, Policy and Engagement will lead the work to prioritise savings through a number of initiatives announced by the Treasurer on 9 July 2020:
- Cross sector six month freeze on new projects, except those relating to critical safety or cybersecurity
- Cross sector government accommodation making more use of existing government buildings to encourage public servants to work closer to home
- Agency review of core business to effectively sustain frontline services
- Agency focus of recruitment and allocation of resources
- Ceasing production of marketing materials except for critical government activities
- Economic Recovery: Support with refinement, implementation and evaluation of economic recovery blueprints
- Last updated:
- 30 July 2020