Project updates about the Cairns Convention Centre upgrade
Since the completion of the refurbishment in May 2021, the focus of the construction works shifted to the expansion stage which will add 10,500 square metres to the centre.
- building a larger main entrance and a larger undercover forecourt
- a 410-seat plenary lecture space
- three 120-seat meeting rooms
- exhibition space for up to 30 display booths
- and the iconic Sky Terrace boasting a 500-seat rooftop banquet space with views over Trinity Inlet.
The focus of the construction program for the next six months:
- The 24-metre tower crane will continue to lift steel, concrete, and equipment to progress the extension of the forecourt, main entry lobby and internal areas.
- Concrete formwork installation for columns, lift shafts and mezzanine slab deck
- Largest concrete pour of the project which will see approximately 300m3 of concrete poured
Architectural designs for the new-look Cairns Convention Centre showcase the impressive interior bathed in sunlight and stunning sky deck overlooking Trinity Inlet.
- Last updated:
- 30 May 2022