Queensland Hydrogen Taskforce
The Queensland Hydrogen Taskforce has been established to focus on delivering a globally attractive destination for hydrogen investment.
The Taskforce brings together professionals from across government and industry with expertise in economic development, infrastructure planning, regulations, skills development and logistics.
- Professor Peta Ashworth (OAM), Director N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership, University of Queensland
- Professor Ian Mackinnon, Professor Science and Engineering Faculty, School of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Queensland University of Technology
- Ms Vanessa Sullivan, Director, Bircher Capital
- Ms Renata Berglas, Transport Advisor, Australian Road Research Board (State Business Leader Qld)
- Ms Toni Power, Queensland’s Coordinator-General
- Mr Richard Watson, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Trade and Investment Queensland
- Mr Paul Martyn, Director-General, Department of Energy and Public Works
- Mr Damien Walker, Director-General, Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Mr Michael Glover, Director-General, Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water
- Mr Leon Allen, Under Treasurer, Queensland Treasury.
The Taskforce will spearhead the delivery of the government’s vision for a renewable hydrogen sector and will:
- prepare and oversee an action plan that provides a clear pathway to establish a sustainable hydrogen sector
- establish and report to government regular assessments of the periodic state of play of the hydrogen sector globally and in Queensland
- monitor and report on regular milestones established under the action plan
- provide advice on an effective legislative, regulatory and policy framework
- work with industry across the hydrogen supply and demand chain to assist in accelerating industry growth in Queensland
- support the facilitation of projects and infrastructure in a way that ensures Queensland’s best interests are met
- help deliver the current Queensland Hydrogen Industry Strategy’s objectives to support innovation, facilitate private investment, implement effective policy frameworks, build community awareness, and facilitate skills development
- help build a narrative that supports investment and confidence in renewable hydrogen.
- Last updated:
- 19 October 2021