Buy Queensland 2023
Buy Queensland 2023 is the latest evolution in the Buy Queensland approach to government procurement. It has a firm focus on building on the achievements of Buy Queensland and the procurement investment opportunity for the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games, supporting quality, local jobs, boosting the Queensland economy, and leaving a legacy for current and future generations of Queenslanders.
Buy Queensland 2023 commenced on 1 June 2023 and is made up of the Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 – Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence (QPS 2023) and the Queensland Procurement Policy 2023 (QPP 2023). The QPS 2023 and QPP 2023 work as one—the strategy sets the context and future direction, and the policy details the ‘how’ to get there. Both have been streamlined, making them easier to read and apply.
Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 - Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence
The QPS 2023 commenced on 1 June 2023. It sets out the outcomes and strategic objectives of government procurement.
Learn more about the QPS 2023.
Queensland Procurement Policy 2023
The QPP 2023 commenced on 1 June 2023. It sets out how to achieve the outcomes and strategic objectives of government.
Learn more about the QPP 2023.
Buy Queensland 2023 reaffirms the Queensland Government’s commitment to harness government procurement spend to deliver:
- more quality, local jobs
- a thriving, resilient and decarbonised economy
- responsible intergenerational value for Queenslanders
- excellent procurement outcomes.
Buy Queensland 2023 applies to budget sector agencies, government-owned corporations, statutory bodies, and special purpose vehicles.
Key highlights of Buy Queensland 2023
Buy Queensland 2023 ushers in a new, evolved government procurement approach, actioned through improvements to strategy, policy and practice. Key highlights include:
- The QPS 2023 and QPP 2023 have both been streamlined and their alignment strengthened with the QPP 2023 structured against the procurement process.
- To support more quality, local jobs, local benefits requirements have been expanded to apply broadly, and the Local Benefits Test for significant procurement has been simplified making it easier for buyers and suppliers.
- To support a thriving, resilient and decarbonised economy, Supply Chains of State Significance will be established to better support a capable and competitive Queensland manufacturing sector, boost Queensland content, encourage innovation, and create resilient critical supply chains.
- To create responsible intergenerational value, policy provisions have been updated and consolidated to reflect a responsible public procurement approach, including a strengthened Queensland Government Supplier Code of Conduct 2023, creating a culture of ‘leading by example’.
- To deliver excellent outcomes through leading procurement policy and practice, ethical expectations on how procurement is conducted have been clarified, and procurement capability will be enhanced.
Preparing for Buy Queensland 2023
For information on how to prepare for Buy Queensland 2023, refer to:
Queensland Government Procurement Statement
The Queensland Government Procurement Statement profiles the economic, environmental and social achievements of Buy Queensland in the pursuit of outcomes for Queenslanders since its launch in 2017, and outlines the government's intention for the coming financial year.
- Queensland Government Procurement Statement 2022 (PDF, 5662.19 KB)
- Queensland Government Procurement Statement 2021 (PDF, 9654.74 KB)
- Last updated:
- 31 May 2023