Information for suppliers
Buy Queensland 2023 commenced on 1 June 2023. It is the latest evolution in the Buy Queensland approach to government procurement. Buy Queensland 2023 is made up of the Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 – Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence (QPS 2023) and the Queensland Procurement Policy 2023 (QPP 2023).
Buy Queensland 2023 will make it easier for suppliers by:
- enhancing quality and timeliness of information posted on the Queensland Government Forward Procurement Pipeline
- producing an action plan for making it easier to tender for government work through collaboration between key government and industry stakeholder groups
- where a tender has been called, requiring buyers to offer debriefs to all suppliers who have submitted tenders. This will assist suppliers to improve their chances of winning future contracts
- requiring buyers to use plain language and only include relevant information in tendering and contractual documents.
Preparing for Buy Queensland 2023
To prepare for Buy Queensland 2023, suppliers should:
- familiarise themselves with the QPS 2023, QPP 2023 and associated guidance
- register to receive procurement-related news including changes to procurement practices as part of the implementation of Buy Queensland 2023
- read the Buy Queensland 2023 – Supplier Quick Reference Guide.
Suppliers and Queensland businesses can find further information on supplying to the Queensland Government on the Business Queensland website.
Telephone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
- Last updated:
- 31 May 2023