Buy Queensland 2023 harnesses government’s significant procurement investment to create long-term, intergenerational value for Queenslanders. It aims to achieve this by delivering today and investing in tomorrow through responsible public procurement choices.
Building on the success of Buy Queensland 2017, we will continue to use our procurement to meet environmental and emissions reduction targets, support ethical suppliers, and to drive positive outcomes for the wellbeing of Queenslanders.
We will apply a responsible public procurement approach, demonstrating our commitment to lead by example in our procurement. This approach is a key principle of the Queensland Procurement Policy 2023 (QPP 2023) and means wherever possible, we use our procurement activities to deliver added value for economic, ethical, social, and environmental outcomes, consistent with government objectives.
Procuring responsibly includes, but is not limited to:
- pursuing targets consistent with Principle 1 of the QPP 2023
- supporting local jobs and businesses
- delivering improved social outcomes
- decarbonising the economy
- applying requirements regarding the Ethical Supplier Threshold, Queensland Government Supplier Code of Conduct and, where applicable, the Ethical Supplier Mandate.
For more information on making responsible procurement choices, refer to the following resources:
- Queensland Procurement Strategy 2023 – Jobs, Economy, Legacy, Confidence
- Queensland Procurement Policy 2023
- Information on eliminating modern slavery in government supply chains
- Ethical Supplier Threshold
- Ethical Supplier Mandate
- Queensland Government Supplier Code of Conduct 2023
- Last updated:
- 31 May 2023