The SuperGrid is all of the elements in the electricity system, including the poles, wires, solar, wind and storage that provides Queenslanders with clean, reliable and affordable power for generations.
The SuperGrid will bring all elements of the electricity system together to deliver 50% renewable energy by 2030, 70% by 2032, and 80% by 2035. The SuperGrid is new generation storage and transmission that will set us up to deliver this renewable power.
To underpin the Plan, the Queensland Government has developed the Queensland SuperGrid Infrastructure Blueprint which outlines the state’s optimal infrastructure pathway to transform the system.
Queensland Energy Transformation has started. We're building an energy infrastructure super grid to generate, store and transport cleaner energy across the state, powering QLD towards net 0 emissions by 2050. The Super grid will support new industries and good jobs, energise our daily lives and deliver clean, reliable and affordable energy now and for generations to come.
Benefits for Queenslanders
The scale of the investment in Queensland’s SuperGrid will:
- create more jobs and new careers across regional Queensland, in new industries like renewable hydrogen
- provide new opportunities for onshore manufacturing of the components required to build the SuperGrid.
A clean, reliable and affordable energy system will:
- grow our industries and the economy
- give households and businesses more choice
- provide better outcomes for workers and communities.
- Last updated:
- 11 December 2023