At the heart of the energy transformation are Queensland communities. Under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan, the Queensland Government will partner with industries and communities to maximise benefits from the energy transformation and drive regional economic opportunities.
Initial actions developed to deliver on the key principles for the energy transformation include:
- commencing a review of the planning framework for renewable energy development
- developing policies for offshore wind, end-of-life and recycling of renewable components
- preparing a range of guidance materials to promote best practice
- enhancing co-existence outcomes for renewable energy development including opportunities for development at unused mine sites
- establishing an ongoing community survey to provide robust evidence to Government
- investigating initiatives to enhance benefits from QREZ development including opportunities for enhanced services (e.g. internet connectivity)
- working directly with communities to support locally led planning and resilience
- delivering on other initiatives in this Plan that support local benefits and better community outcomes.
Regional Energy Transformation Partnerships Framework
To progress Queensland's energy transformation, a draft Regional Energy Transformation Partnerships Framework (PDF, 4241.34 KB) (Partnerships Framework) was released for community consultation with a view to:
- ensure communities and people are at the centre of the energy transformation
- enhance energy driven social benefits
- deliver on opportunities for regional Queensland.
Throughout the consultation process, communities, industry, and local and state government worked together on priority actions within the Partnerships Framework to support the energy transformation in regional Queensland.
Consultation closed on 22 September 2023. Queenslanders had the opportunity to have their say on how best to maximise benefits for their communities, including delivering on regional opportunities as part of the energy transformation.
Email email@example.com if you wish to provide comment towards the ongoing development of Queensland's Renewable Energy Transformation.
Sign up to the newsletter to receive information on programs, opportunities and consultations.
- Last updated:
- 17 October 2023