At the heart of the energy transformation are Queensland communities. Under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan, the Queensland Government will partner with industries and communities to maximise benefits from the energy transformation and drive regional economic opportunities.
Initial actions developed to deliver on the key principles for the energy transformation include:
- commencing a review of the planning framework for renewable energy development
- developing policies for offshore wind, end-of-life and recycling of renewable components
- preparing a range of guidance materials to promote best practice
- enhancing co-existence outcomes for renewable energy development including opportunities for development at unused mine sites
- establishing an ongoing community survey to provide robust evidence to Government
- investigating initiatives to enhance benefits from QREZ development including opportunities for enhanced services (e.g. internet connectivity)
- working directly with communities to support locally led planning and resilience
- delivering on other initiatives in this Plan that support local benefits and better community outcomes.
Regional Energy Transformation Partnerships Framework
To progress Queensland's energy transformation, we've released a draft Regional Energy Transformation Partnerships Framework (PDF, 4241.34 KB) (Partnerships Framework) that outlines our approach to:
- ensure communities and people are at the centre of the energy transformation
- enhance energy driven social benefits
- deliver on opportunities for regional Queensland.
Through the Partnerships Framework, communities, industry, and local and state government will work together on priority actions to support the energy transformation in regional Queensland.
You can help shape and tailor the Partnerships Framework for your local community by completing a short survey.
Throughout late 2022 and 2023, we will consult further with communities about the Partnerships Framework and other key implementation activities in the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
For more information on programs, opportunities and consultations, sign up to the newsletter to receive updates direct to your inbox.
- Last updated:
- 19 October 2022