As part of the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan, we will develop a modern electricity system that delivers clean, reliable and affordable energy that:
- energises new industries to grow the economy
- boosts employment
- attracts investment to the state.
The Queensland SuperGrid will be Queensland’s modern energy system and will consist of:
- new foundational pumped hydro energy storage assets
- new backbone transmission
- more renewables in our Queensland Renewable Energy Zones (QREZ) regions
- more batteries and low emission to zero emission gas.
To build the SuperGrid, we must begin investing in foundational, long-duration energy storage and transmission assets now.
This infrastructure will enable us to reliably generate, store and transport cleaner electricity across the state with more energy independence.
This coordinated access to low emissions and low-cost energy through scale-efficient infrastructure in regions like QREZs, hydrogen hubs or manufacturing precincts, will sustain and grow jobs in new industries.
For program information and news for industry, sign up to the newsletter to receive updates directly to your inbox.
- Last updated:
- 10 October 2022