Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2022–2026
Achieving our vision through purpose
The Department of Energy and Public Works (EPW) Strategic Plan 2022-2026 (PDF, 904.22 KB) describes the common vision, clear purpose, objectives and strategies that will direct future activities of our department.
Generating and building a sustainable future for all Queenslanders.
Power. Build. Buy. Together. For Queensland.
- Power. An affordable, cleaner energy future. Ensure reliable, sustainable and affordable energy services are delivered to Queenslanders and support the growth of the hydrogen industry.
- Build. Building for Queensland’s future. Be the trusted experts to government and industry for excellence in building and design, industry regulatory reform, and government building and accommodation.
- Buy. Nation-leading procurement. Prioritise Queensland businesses and jobs through leading-edge procurement practices that consider environmental, social and governance factors.
- Together. EPW working together. Build a capable workforce with fit-for-purpose systems, and establish our department as an employer of choice with a strong and trusted brand.
For Queensland: Our role in Queensland’s future
We support the Queensland Government’s objectives for the community.
- Good jobs: Good, secure jobs in our traditional and emerging industries.
- Better services: Deliver even better services right across Queensland.
- Great lifestyle: Protect and enhance our Queensland lifestyle as we grow.
We play a significant role in Queensland’s future through:
- creating more employment opportunities for industries and local business, especially in regional areas
- targeting emissions reduction for a greener, more sustainable future
- contributing to successful carbon-neutral Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Strategic Plan 2022–2026 recognises our commitment to human rights, acknowledges our First Peoples and highlights our 6 values – all of which are central to the culture we want to achieve together.
The Strategic Plan 2022–2026 details the strategic risks that we need to manage, the opportunities we can pursue, the strategies we will employ to deliver our objectives and the performance indicators that will measure our success.
- Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2022-2026 (PDF, 904.22 KB)
- Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2022-2026 (DOCX, 26.73 KB)
Previous Strategic Plans
In October 2022, new Queensland Government objectives for the community were tabled in the Legislative Assembly of Queensland.
The Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2022-2026 was revised to align with these new government objectives and republished on 5 December 2022.
Following the 2020 Queensland election, the Department of Energy and Public Works was established in November 2020 and agency functions were transferred under official machinery-of-government changes.
- Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2021-2025 (PDF, 274.83 KB)
- Department of Energy and Public Works Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (PDF, 490.21 KB)
For energy, public works, and procurement agency functions prior to November 2020, please refer to:
- Department of Housing and Public Works Strategic Plan 2020–2024 (PDF, 475.99 KB)
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy Strategic Plan 2020–2024 (PDF)
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy Strategic Plan 2019–2023 (PDF)
- Last updated:
- 6 December 2022