Strategic Plan 2020 to 2024
A more sustainable and prosperous future through our energy, building and procurement services.
To make the best use of our energy resources, deliver a safer, fairer, and sustainable building and construction industry, and support government asset management and procurement functions.
Contribution to Unite and Recover - the government’s objectives for the community:
- Supporting jobs
- Backing small business
- Building Queensland
- Growing our regions
- Investing in skills
- Protecting the environment
Agency objectives and KPIs
Deliver safe, secure, sustainable and affordable energy for Queensland
- Renewable energy as percentage of total energy consumed in Queensland
- Average time to assess electricity and gas licences
Embed robust procurement practices and expert government fleet management
- Operating cost of managed spend on general goods and services
- Achieve annual targets to transition electric vehicles into the fleet
- Percentage spend on Small to Medium Enterprises in Queensland Government Procurement
Provide value-adding design, building policy, public works and asset management services that boost Queensland’s growing communities
- ROI on commercial properties included in Government’s office portfolio
- Maintenance spend on QBuild’s customers’ facilities with local suppliers
- Successful QBuild apprentice completions
- Local workers inducted on major project sites
What we do
- Manage Queensland’s energy resources to provide affordable, reliable and sustainable energy.
- Support and grow Queensland’s renewable energy sector and emerging hydrogen industry.
- Embed the Buy Queensland approach to procurement in government.
- Provide safe, fit-for-purpose and environmentally responsible fleet management services to government agencies.
- Deliver safe, efficient and environmentally sustainable management of government property.
- Manage building, construction and maintenance activities and programs.
- Deliver major projects.
- Contribute to a safe, fairer and more sustainable building and construction industry
How we do it
- Build a culture of high performance, accountability and responsibility.
- Retain and grow our workforce expertise.
We will leverage opportunities to:
- Progress the Queensland Renewable Energy Target
- Build a sustainable hydrogen industry
- Support jobs right across Queensland
- Enable a safe, sustainable built environment.
We will manage our strategic risks to:
- maintain the wellbeing and capability of our workforce to meet customer and community expectations
- maintain and improve standards to ensure safety, fairness and sustainability in the building and construction industry
- efficiently manage government property and vehicle assets to meet the expectations of customers and stakeholders
- ensure best value for Queenslanders from government expenditure to support regional communities and local businesses.
We will respect, protect and promote human rights in our decision making and actions.
We acknowledge the traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander owners of country throughout Queensland and pay our respects to their culture and Elders past, present and future.
Download the plan
- Last updated:
- 29 March 2021