Our vision and values
Generating and building a sustainable future for all Queenslanders.
Our values underpin our work and our culture. We are engaged in the work we do and are committed to:
- putting customers first: by understanding our customers at all levels and delivering what matters
- transforming ideas into action: by delivering responsive and innovative solutions, encouraging and embracing new ideas, and working across boundaries
- unleashing potential: by being clear about our vision and continuing to challenge ourselves
- being courageous: by taking calculated risks to achieve better outcomes
- empowering people: by leading by example within an integrated department
- ensuring a safe work environment: by making the safety of our workers, customers, contractors, other stakeholders and the public our priority.
Our governance framework
Our governance arrangements drive our department’s performance, resource allocation and culture. Our governance framework provides appropriate oversight of accountabilities. The structure of the committee that ensures the department operates effectively is shown in our governance committee framework.
Our framework helps the Director-General meet the requirements of the Financial Accountability Act 2009, the Financial and Performance Management Standard 2019, the Public Sector Ethics Act 1994 and other legislative and accountability requirements. We are committed to good governance, Queensland public sector values with the additional value of ensuring a safe work environment, and the Public Service Code of Conduct.
Our professional standards and practice
We are committed to high standards of professional conduct, and honest and ethical business practices. We have no tolerance towards fraud and corruption and expect an ethical standard of conduct from the people and entities we interact with.
Read our Fraud and corruption control policy (PDF, 256.82 KB) for more information.
- Last updated:
- 18 January 2024