White Ribbon Accredited Workplace
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for our employees. This includes support for employees affected by or experiencing domestic violence (DV).
The department is an accredited White Ribbon Workplace, and we will continue to promote respectful, safe and inclusive cultures by taking active steps to prevent and respond to violence. Violence of any sort, is not okay. Not Now, Not Ever.
DV is a workplace issue, and can impact a person’s safety, wellbeing, attendance, and performance at work.
We recognise that violence is grounded in gender inequality. As a department, we play a critical role in creating cultural change to stop violence against women, both in and out of the workplace.
- women's equal participation in the workforce
- respectful relationships in the workplace
- breaking down of harmful stereotypes about men's and women's roles at work and in society.
Together, we are building a safe and supportive culture that demonstrates respect, gender equity and a zero tolerance to violence.
Our commitment to DV prevention and support is ongoing. The department’s prevention and awareness activities help employees better recognise, prevent and respond to domestic and family violence—everyone has the right to feel safe and supported in the workplace.
Some of our key activities include:
- encouraging employees to stand up, speak out and act to prevent DV
- providing workplace training to assist employees and managers affected by DV
- providing access to employee support services, including an employee assistance service and early intervention centre
- maintaining a domestic and family violence policy
- promoting key events that raise awareness of domestic violence, including Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month, the Darkness to Daylight Challenge, White Ribbon Night and White Ribbon Day.
Queensland Government is the state's largest employer, and we will continue to make a big contribution towards ending DV, by supporting affected colleagues and creating a safe, respectful and supportive workplace culture.
Who to call for help
If you, or someone else is in immediate danger contact 000.
For more information and support, call:
- Last updated:
- 12 December 2023